Viking Mississippi Cruise Ship Coming to Dubuque This Week
Yet another cruise ship is making its way towards Dubuque. While you're enjoying your 3-day Labor Day weekend, the Viking Mississippi is making its way up the mighty Mississippi river.
Viking Mississippi will be making its first stop in Dubuque on Tuesday, September 6 at 11:00 am and will be welcomed with a ribbon cutting hosted by Travel Dubuque and the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors, along with welcoming remarks.
Accommodating 386 guests in 193 all outside staterooms, the new state-of-the-art Viking Mississippi is inspired by the award-winning Viking Longships® and ocean ships and features clean Scandinavian design, as well as public spaces that are familiar to guests but that have been reimagined for Mississippi River voyages. Purpose-built for the Mississippi, the ship’s cutting-edge design, expansive windows, and comfortable amenities make it the first truly modern cruise ship in the region
- 193 comfortable all outside staterooms (128 Veranda & Deluxe Veranda Staterooms, 8 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Penthouse Veranda Staterooms, 16 Penthouse Junior Suites, 7 Terrace Suites, 10 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with a large veranda
- Sun Terrace with Infinity Plunge Pool
- Stroll the full 360-degree promenade deck for views of scenic landscapes and regional wildlife
- The Bow, a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area for al fresco dining or an American barbecue experience
- The Explorers' Lounge and Bar with two-story panoramic views of the Mississippi
- River Café, a new way to dine featuring American classics and Mamsen's Norwegian specialties
- Elevators throughout the ship
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Self-service launderettes and laundry service
- Intelligent energy-efficient propulsion systems produce less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 42" flat-screen LCD TV with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand.
Learn more about he Viking Mississippi HERE
The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at the American Trust Rivers Edge Plaza in the Port of Dubuque at 11:00 am on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. The public is welcome to attend .