- The next Dubuque County walk-in vaccination clinic will be held from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, at Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association, 660 Iowa St. See the full list of vaccination sites at https://bit.ly/2Wzf4M9.
COVID Testing Guidance
As the need for COVID testing increases and the number of new COVID cases continues to increase in Dubuque County and surrounding counties, the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team and local health care providers are asking residents to NOT visit hospital emergency departments for non-symptomatic COVID testing or for mild illnesses.
Testing for documentation of being COVID negative for travel, school, work, or attending events should utilize regular (non-rapid) testing from pharmacies, TestIowa take-home kits, or healthcare providers. For information on local testing options, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/565/Local-COVID-19-Testing-Options
Emergency department visits should be limited to health emergencies. Rapid testing conducted in emergency departments is reserved for symptomatic patients seeking emergency care and for pre-operation testing.
Dubuque County Board of Health Recommendations
The Dubuque County Board of Health recommends that all Dubuque County residents follow current CDC guidance. This includes:
- Unvaccinated people above the age of 2 should wear a mask in public indoor settings regardless of CDC COVID-19 community transmission level.
- Fully vaccinated people should wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high levels CDC COVID-19 community transmission.Wearing a mask is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. If this applies to you or your household, you might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission in your area.
- Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- All teachers, staff, students, and visitors to preK-12 schools regardless of vaccination status) wear masks on school grounds.
The Board of Health recommends that private businesses in Dubuque County require COVID-19 vaccinations for all eligible employees.
The Board of Health recommends that private businesses in Dubuque County require mask wearing for all staff while working in person.