Drivers Can Expect Detours with Dubuque’s NW Arterial Construction
Buckle your seatbelts; the summer road construction continues with the City of Dubuque Announcing the Closure of the Eastern Half of Asbury Rd. & Northwest Arterial Intersection starts today, Tuesday, July 26, with sections of the roadwork expected to continue into mid-November.
The eastern half of the Asbury Rd. and Northwest Arterial intersection is expected to close on Tuesday, July 26. However, the clock is ticking on the project as the contractor is required to complete the reconstruction of the meeting before school starts in August 2022.
- The detour route for Asbury Rd. Eastbound traffic west of the arterial is Radford Rd., to Pennsylvania Ave., to John F. Kennedy Rd.
- The detour route for Asbury Rd. Westbound traffic east of the arterial is John F. Kennedy Rd. to the Northwest Arterial to Asbury Rd.
- Northwest Arterial southbound traffic north of the intersection may turn right onto Asbury Rd. to travel westbound.
- Asbury Rd. Eastbound traffic west of the intersection may turn right onto the Northwest Arterial to travel southbound.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on the arterial will be maintained.
Residents and businesses on the detour routes should prepare for increased traffic during the closure.
After the eastern half of Asbury Rd., the intersection is completed, and the repaving of the southbound lanes of the Northwest Arterial from U.S. 20 to John F. Kennedy Rd. will begin.
To maintain traffic flow through the corridor as much as possible, the contractor must conduct all work on the southbound lanes at night between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. Therefore, there will be lane shifts to accommodate construction. The estimated completion date of the southbound lane repaving is November 15, 2022.
These improvements are part of the Northwest Arterial State of Good Repair Project. For details, visit www.cityofdubuque.org/nwarterial.