Welcome to the Q Cares For Kids Radiothon for the Stead Family Children's Hospital at the University of Iowa!
If you're looking for the LINK TO DONATE, CLICK HERE!
If you'd rather do a donation on the phone, the number is 800-456-2772!
Since 2002, with the help of our listeners, our sister station Y105 has raised almost a MILLION dollars through various events and fundraisers for the Children's Miracle Network and the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital. This includes our annual Radiothon event.
This year, Q107.5 is getting in the game, hosting our live event Wednesday and Thursday, September 18th and 19th from our studios in Asbury.
During Radiothon, we tell stories from local families affected by these two great organizations, talk to hospital staff members and other folks and businesses who proudly support them.
The hospital and it's services are vital to our listeners. Whether you or someone you love has been treated there, everyone at one time or another has encountered the phrase "Iowa City."
All the money you donate through our Radiothon event goes right where you want it to go... to the kids who desperately need it! Through services, equipment and research that's not funded by insurance.
Here are some of the eye opening numbers about the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital from over the last year:
- Last year, UI Stead Family Children's Hospital cared for 71,754 patients from every county in Iowa, nearly every state in the United States and several other countries.
- More than 11,500 patients were from Dubuque County.
- For the 8th consecutive year, University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country's "Best Children's Hospitals."
- The have more than 170 pediatric physicians and surgeons.
- They feature more than 700 specially trained pediatric nurses.
- They have 190 pediatric beds.
- UI Stead Family Children's Hospital provides statewide pediatric specialty consultations and follow-up care throughout the state; Dubuque has these community clinic services from UI Stead Family Children's Hospital in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Neurology, Neuromuscular, Orthopedics and Urology.
So what does that mean? They do a lot of good for a lot of good people!
During our event we'll visit with numerous families about their experiences with the Children's Miracle Network and the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital. Many of them have amazing stories to share, so we hope you tune in.
If you feel compelled to do so, we'll ask you to consider a donation to these two great organizations! You can call 877.782.8811, or visit our easy, secure link you can click HERE to give online.
Please tune in and make a difference for sick kids and their families in our area!