4 Dubuque Area Natives Receive Finley Nursing Scholarships
According to a press release from the Finley Health Foundation, more than a dozen Tri-State Area nursing students have been awarded upwards of $20,000 in financial assistance through the latest group of Finley Nursing Scholarships; that includes 4 Dubuque-area natives looking to excel in the field.
The awards were presented by the UnityPoint Health – Finley Health Foundation and Finley Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association during a luncheon earlier this month. The scholarships will assist students who are pursuing a nursing degree in higher education for the 2023-2024 academic school year.
The 2023 Finley Nursing Scholarship recipients include:
- Amanda Becker Dubuque Clarke University
- Natalie Berning Hazel Green Clarke University
- Kayla Bolsinger Guttenberg University of Northern Iowa
- Brooke Douglas Darlington Clarke University
- Logan Kleese Des Moines University of Dubuque
- Julie Lindenberg Dubuque Western Governors University
- Jenna Meier Gratiot Edgewood College
- Mary Sarah Nakimera Asbury University of Dubuque
- Hailey Stitch Cuba City Marian University
- Jadeyn Sturm Rockford University of Dubuque
- Kaelyn Weigel Platteville University of Dubuque
- Marisa Widmeier Asbury Clarke University
“We are pleased to continue the tradition of providing scholarship opportunities to assist in the educational needs of tomorrow’s nursing leaders in our community."
-Mary Peters, Chief Nursing Officer of UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital
The Finley Nursing Scholarship program has awarded a total of nearly $300,000 since its beginnings in 2006. Scholarship funding is provided by the Finley Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association, the Edith Kritz Scholarship Endowment, the Dr. Peter J. Kearney Scholarship Endowment, the Colonel Fred and Ellen Phelps Scholarship Endowment, the Carole A. Smith-Miller Memorial Scholarship, the Dr. Edward Roy Bartels Legacy Scholarship, the Judi Butler Memorial Scholarship, the Janet Vance Nursing Scholarship and the Linda Abitz Nursing Scholarship. For additional scholarship information, follow this link or contact the Finley Health Foundation at (563) 589-2358.