Dubuque Area Radio Road Report, August 31, 2021
Dubuque Area Radio Road Report August 31, 2021
Eastbound traffic on US 20 at Swiss Valley Road will be shifted onto the new eastbound mainline highway on Wednesday, September 1st. With the new traffic shift, access to Swiss Valley Road for westbound motorists will be a detour onto Cottingham Road, south to North Cascade Road and east to Swiss Valley Road. Eastbound traffic will have right-in only and right-out only access at Swiss Valley Road.
Expect intermittent lane closures and travel restrictions On US 20 near North Cascade Road through the end of September.
Expect construction-related travel restrictions on US 52-Hwy 136 between New Vienna and Luxemburg with lane closures and pilot cars in operation intermittently through October 22.
Wisconsin Highway 11 will be closed between Highway 35 and Highway 80 for construction through November 19th. Traffic will be detoured.
Wisconsin Highway 81 is closed between US 61 and Ridge Avenue near Platteville. Work is expected to be completed in November.
Wisconsin Highway 133 is detoured between Cassville and Bloomington for construction through September 15th.
US 35 north of Bloomington will have travel restricted through September 24th.
In the City of Dubuque:
- Traffic will be re-routed on Chavenelle Road during reconstruction. Traffic from Radford Road to the Northwest Arterial will be maintained as eastbound one-way traffic. All westbound traffic will be detoured from the Northwest Arterial to Pennsylvania Avenue to Radford Road. The estimated completion date is November, 2021.
- Railroad Crossing Improvements will cause street closures at East 11th Street and Hawthorne Street from 7:00 AM today, August 30 through 5:00 PM September 3.
- Wood Street will be closed between Loras Boulevard. and Rosedale Avenue for sanitary sewer and water main replacement until 5:00 PM Friday, September 3. Motorists are asked to use an alternate route.
- North Hill Street at Caledonia Street will be closed for private utility repairs from 7:00 AM Wednesday, Sept. 1 to 5:00 PM Friday, Sept. 10.
- One lane of Bluff Street between West 2nd Street and West 3rd Street will be closed for private crane work from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
- One eatbound lane of Pennsylvania Avenue between Mission School Drive and Embassy West Drive will be closed for sidewalk construction from 7:00 AM Thursday, Sept. 2 to 5:00 PM Friday, Sept. 3.
In Dubuque County:
- Cox Springs Road will be closed with traffic detoured onto Sundown Road for reconstruction. The project is expected to be completed by the end of October.
- Chesterman Road will be closed for bridge replacement from Cottingham Road to Thunder Hills Road. Work should be completed by late October.
- Simon Road will be closed for bridge replacement from - Hwy 151 to N Cascade Road. The estimated completion of this project is mid September.
- Steger Road will be closed for bridge replacement between Hwy 136 and Roling Road. The estimated completion of this project is early to mid September.